Xesam meta-meta-data spec needs attention.

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:55:56 EEST 2007

2007/5/1, Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com>:

> On Tuesday 01 May 2007 21:47:42 Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

> type
> > >
> > > you

> > > sense?

> identifiers
> > >
> > > for

> > > shouldn't

> > > The intent of this was to make life easier for apps by guaranteeing
> > > existence
> > > of some basic properties, however I do agree that the list would be
> > > extremely
> > > short if not non-existent.
> >
> > Also taking URI as an example, you would need to enforce that it
> actually
> > contains a valid uri or else it would be useless anyway. We could add
> > another type called "uri" which guarantees that the values form a valid
> > uri. I don't think we should guarantee that any fields are indeed set
> > though.
>
> At this moment it makes sense to drop minCardinality. It can be added
> later if
> needed. Another issue worth considering in the perspective is units.

Units... I stumbled across that a while ago, but haven't given it much
thought. I think that it might be just as confusing as it useful - also it
is a new requirement to meet the standard (that might or might not be
trivial to add).

IMHO We should finalize the first edition of the standard and extend it if
> the
> need arises.

Yes, but we shouldn't paint our selves into a corner :-)

I find it strange that nobody else comments on this. Perhaps everybody
> agree :)

Hehe, I can bet you that not everybody agrees :-) Most of the other involved
persons are core maintainers of search engines so are pretty stressed out
already...

Cheers,
Mikkel