[XESAM] Minutes of meeting 2007-05-15

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at gmail.com
Sun May 20 00:47:37 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I would like to request a change to the Xesam Query Language.
The schema at http://grillbar.org/xesam/drafts/xesam-query.xsd defines

<xs:complexType name="selectProximityType">
  <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:extension base="selectBaseType">
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:group ref="simpleTypes"/>
        <xs:element name="distance" type="xs:integer"/>
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:attribute name="ordered" type="xs:boolean"/>
        <!-- May be ignored. If ordered="true" the words should
             appear in the same order as specified by the listed simpleTypes -->
    </xs:extension>
  </xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

I think it would make sense to define 'distance' as an attribute, and give
a maximum to the simpleTypes group, as follows :

<xs:complexType name="selectProximityType">
  <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:extension base="selectBaseType">
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:group ref="simpleTypes" maxOccurs="100"/>
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:attribute name="distance" type="xs:integer"/>
      <xs:attribute name="ordered" type="xs:boolean"/>
        <!-- May be ignored. If ordered="true" the words should
             appear in the same order as specified by the listed simpleTypes -->
    </xs:extension>
  </xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

What do you guys think ?