[XESAM] Minutes of meeting 2007-05-15

Joe Shaw joe at joeshaw.org
Mon May 21 12:25:16 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 5/21/07, jamie <jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 14:56 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> > On 5/21/07, Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The more structured the onto is, the more opportunities the app
> > > has to present/process the data properly.
> >
> > Sure, but doesn't the app have to know about this?
>
> not really. Tracker is moving away from hard coding stuff like this so
> that it can handle custom services with a tile based gui without a
> priori knowledge or any hardcoding.

Sure, this could all be kept out of the source code itself and stored
externally, like Glade.  My point was that the logic for what to
display and how to display it is what's important here, more so than
simply a list of fields.  Your TileMetadata is a good way to filter
and perhaps order the data, but it lacks any layout which makes it
little better than key-value.

Joe