[XESAM] Search within results

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:16:59 PST 2007

Hi,

Somebody made this proposal/suggestion which I feel didn't receive its share
of attention, so I'm bringing it up again:

Suppose a user does Query1, gets ResultSet1 and wants to refine the search.

If (s)he just does a query like "Query1 AND Query2", the result set would of
course be correct, however full-text snippet and possible text highlighting
would reflect both query1 and query2, and not the most relevant query2.

Is this feasible/worth it to implement? The idea is to center full-text
snippet(s) around Query2 and possibly do 2-level highlighting of text by
giving additional emphasis to Query2 terms.

-- Evgeny