DBus server for keyboard layouts

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 03:29:08 PDT 2007

Hello John

At the moment, I heard about 2 use cases:
- In the decent office apps, each piece of text has an attribute
"language". The idea is to switch to the corresponding layout
automatically - as the caret moves around. There is even open issue in
the OO.o tracker. This is actually the most important use case.
- Similar situation in the dictionaries/translators - once you choose
to translate from English to Russian, your current layout immediately
switches to English; when you choose to translate from German to
Hindi, your current layout would be German.

Any app which has linguistic context could benefit of the intelligent
switching IMO

Cheers,

Sergey