locale specific for .desktop

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Mon Oct 22 01:03:19 PDT 2007

2007/10/22, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center <Takao.Fujiwara at sun.com>:
> Even if you want a map application for all regions, the application works on one region and one locale only. It's a problem the limited application is shown on other locales by defalt.
> It assures the application works on desktop on a locale but don't support the application is launched on other locales. technically users can modify .desktop but actual modifications are done under a support.
> I think showing a desktop item causes several senses; visibility, introduction of the major applications, desktop theme. If one locale wants to show a desktop to add the application into the major applications, the case would not be a simple integration for other locales.

Dear lazyweb, my dog is two meters high and really likes me. The
problem is it devours anyone speaking Japanese and decapitates native
Russians. How do I hide those from my dog?

You see, your problem is not the desktop spec, it's a broken
application. If it only works for a certain locale then you need
better software engineers, not a new standard :)

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content