locale specific for .desktop

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Mon Oct 22 05:08:58 PDT 2007

2007/10/22, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center <Takao.Fujiwara at sun.com>:
> Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> > Dear lazyweb, my dog is two meters high and really likes me. The
> > problem is it devours anyone speaking Japanese and decapitates native
> > Russians. How do I hide those from my dog?
> Do you mean the application breaks other applications?
> If so, it does not applied to this case.

No, my point is you are searching for a blessed workaround instead of
pursuing the authors to make the application behave properly. Working
around a low-level propblem on a higher level is a certain way to
shoot yourself in the foot.

> > You see, your problem is not the desktop spec, it's a broken
> > application. If it only works for a certain locale then you need
> > better software engineers, not a new standard :)
> No, no, we know the application works on a locale but not others and we cannot simply say it's a broken application...

Why not fix the application in the first place? You don't have to
translate it, just make it work properly.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content