locale specific for .desktop

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Tue Oct 23 03:04:58 PDT 2007

Le mardi 23 octobre 2007 à 18:48 +0900, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W
Center a écrit :
> Thanks for this help.
> It seems this issue could be resolved.
>
> I have two questions.
> 1. Do you have any recommended directory paths in case you add a new one in $XDG_DATA_DIRS ?
> The following is just my idea.
> export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share/locale/$LANG/xdg:/usr/share

Since it is a hack, it is up to you to choose which name look better for
you :)

> 2. Can I assume the $XDG_DATA_DIRS have the fall back logic? e.g. if foo1.desktop is found in both /usr/share/applications and /usr/share/translations, /usr/share/translations/applications/foo1.desktop only is choosed. if foo2.desktop is found in /usr/share/applications but not /usr/share/translations, /usr/share/applications/foo2.desktop is choosed.

IIRC, first hit is taking precedence, except for user directories (ie
~/.local ). You should check menu specification to be sure.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva