Bring fuse to the desktop

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at gnome.org
Tue Sep 11 14:21:49 PDT 2007

2007/9/11, Mildred <ml.mildred593 at online.fr>:

> That's great (having fuse integrated in gnome/kde) but I was more
> thinking of a way to standardize fuse filesystems to be able to use
> them anywhere.

What does anywhere means in this context? Any Linux installation? any OS
with FUSE implemented? any OS even without FUSE implemented?

The same way we have desktop files for applications, we could have
> desktop files for fuse filesystems. There must be just one property
> added to be able to know it describes a fuse filesystem, and the Exec
> property would take one more % replaement that would expand to the
> mountpoint chosen by the desktop environment.
>
> No ?

I think I don't really get what problem are you trying to solve with your
suggestion. Can you please elaborate on that?

Mildred

> --
> Mildred Ki'lya
> Site:   <http://mildred632.free.fr/>
> XMPP:   <mildred at jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)
>
> GPG:    197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]

Un saludo,
Alberto Ruiz