xdgmime (CVS, portability)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Sep 23 08:21:38 PDT 2007

Klemens Friedl wrote:
>How portable is xdgmime? Has some tried to build xdgmime on Win32
>(mingw Win32 or VS 6, 7, 8)?

Why would you want to do that?

The File Association system on Windows is completely different and has
nothing to do with MIME types (I think, I don't really care). Therefore,
it doesn't have a MIME database as XDG expects it to. Even if you ship
the default DB from XDG with your application, newly installed programs
will not update it.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358