Desktop Theme Spec

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Apr 19 05:10:11 PDT 2008

On Saturday 19 April 2008, dan_500 at web.de wrote:
> I think unified desktop experience is a big aim of the freedesktop
> project, isn't it?

assuming that such things are actually somewhat widely used, yes =) libplasma
uses svg themes (impacting plasma, krunner, ksysguard, amarok2 and the many
plasmoids shipped alongside various apps such as kalzium or the kde4 support
for akonadi), but who else does? (honest question: i'm not aware =)

as for being ready to standardize, we're still refining our theme
specification in response to real world usage we have a wiki page that
collects what we're doing:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Theme

it may be a bit early to start standardizing this particular topic, but then
agian maybe not if there is enough interest (as in: applications actually
using these things across toolkits)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se