desktop neutral xsettings manager?

洪任諭 pcman.tw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 07:49:26 PDT 2008

No, lxsession and lxsession-lite don't do that.
lxde-settings, however, map a simple config file with ini format to
xsettings for LXDE.

Besides, xsettings is NOT practically desktop-neutral.
Currently only GTK+ programs use it.
No other toolkits or desktop environments support this.
Also, the config values supported by gtk+'s xsettings can be set in gtkrc file.
So, for a gtk+ only desktop, there might be no point in using Xsettings.
This is the current status of that gtk+ only spec.
So, we cannot expect too much now.