menu-spec URL entries

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Aug 13 01:40:24 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Not that I fundamentally disagree; I see no reason why Link items
> shouldn't be allowed in menus, aside from just increasing complexity of
> the implementation (which is generally pretty damned complex as it is).

Well I do. XDG menus are task-oriented and sticking 666 "limited
offer!!!11!one install bundled app" links per app into there is a bad
idea. And that's what ISVs use the link entries for. Documentation
should be accessible from the application itself so no separate entry
there. Ditto for homepage.

--
Patryk Zawadzki