file selector abstraction (GUI) (libfileselector.so)

Sol solistic at gmx.net
Tue Dec 16 03:20:32 PST 2008

> using one from another toolkit is very hard/not possible (or more
> imporactical).

I think for standard file dialogs, that do not have a "preview", there is a
big chance to come up with something useful. Do you see any hard constraints
here?

> you'll have a hard time getting adoption here basically because
> of qt vs gtk (vs whatever else).
I'm not sure if I got you right here. Is your point, that application
developers will "force" the qt or gtk (or whatever) file selector dialog on
their users, even if there is a "technically sound" way that lets the user
decide?