Address Book

Luka Čehovin luka.cehovin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 00:33:58 PST 2008

Hello there.

On Jan 31, 2008 8:00 PM, Mildred <ml.mildred593 at online.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Address book is a topic close to my heard, probably because it is one
> if the major issues I find on modern free desktops.
>
> If you stay with GNOME and KDE, each of them has a different
> incompatible solution, and I don't like that. Everyone already managed
> to agree on some others parts of the desktop, but not the address
> book :(
>
> I think what we need is a standard dBUS API that could easily
> implemented by any address book program/server, and a way to start the
> preferred address book when an application needs to access it.

That was exactly my reason to start this thread and to start it on
this specific mailing list. I hoped that there will be some interest
in creating a d-bus specification for address book storage facility
(of course the specification could/should be based on existing
software).

cheers,
--
Luka Čehovin