User bus?

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Tue Feb 19 17:26:41 PST 2008

Hi,

On Feb 19, 2008 4:02 AM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> > No, I already agreed with Havoc that this wouldn't have any extra
> > benefit and would be a pain to maintain. Given that CK knows which
> > session goes where, it would be possible to talk to other session
> > buses of the same user anyway, a simple GiveMeMyOtherBuses() DBUS
> > method would be enough.
>
> Havoc, would you see that as a viable change?

I may misunderstand, but I don't think this would be a dbus change -
the method would be implemented by ConsoleKit or something like that.
Which sounds fine to me. If it's necessary to have each session bus
register with the system bus in some way, we could do that too, but
I'd need a specific proposal/patches.

Havoc