Address Book

Martin Stolle mstoll at sus.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 28 11:16:15 PST 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 08:03:45PM +0100, Luka Čehovin wrote:
> hehe ... i know WAS not a good reason.
>
> Thats why I gave it a try a few minutes ago ... well actually the
> server is already running on my Ubuntu box (and that makes my argument
> even worse in a way). The only thing i needed was some sort of client
> GUI.
> Since Evolution is not my style (and yes, I have used it for a few
> months but then I gave it up and went back to Thunderbird) I needed
> something else. Something more lightweight. I have tried Contacts from
> Pimlico suite and the first impression was that this is the thing i am
> looking for. The only problem is that the version 0.7 (the only
> version that I managed to installed that fast by using binary package)
> doesnt really know how to parse vcf file from my iBook or phone for
> that matter. Maybe the problem was that it was a multi contact vcf
> file.

For import/export - have you looked at opensync/multisync?  AFAIK,
there aren't any GUI tools for them, but it does synchronize phones,
PDAs etc... with files, evolution data server etc...  And once you've
got it inside evolution-data-server, I guess you could use
pimlico/evolution or possibly another GUI to manage the data on the
desktop.

Martin