Default Program | File Association

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 08:26:35 PST 2008

David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> >
> Applications should simply install a .desktop file that describes them.
> In order for the default order of applications (i.e. without user configuration available)
> to be non-random, we (in KDE) use a InitialPreference field in the .desktop file,
> and the default application for a mimetype is the one with the highest initial preference number.

Hopefully GNOME does not implement InitialPreference any more. Otherwise
GNOME would start KDE applications for all tasks. (It was a real problem
in one of older GNOME versions.)

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 966
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/