Systray specification

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at
Sat Mar 8 03:32:20 PST 2008

On Saturday 08 of March 2008, Toma wrote:
> Hello,
> Let me start by saying that I am not a developer or a programmer.

 I think that's the problem here. It doesn't make sense to try to write a new
spec without having at least a proof-of-concept implementation. I hate the
current systray too, and I have somewhere an unfinished attempt at a better
implementation, but it's in the queue with many other things. Saying how the
systray needs fixing is unfortunately not going to do that, somebody needs to
find the time to make it happen.

> I believe that all systrays should have libnotification as it seems to be a
> common feature in gnome and kde.

 libnotifwhat? But yes, notification probably should be separate, I just think
it shouldn't be a library based on a "spec" created by people not interested
in any feedback.

Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at , l.lunak at
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic