API for binding and unbinding a key combo?

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Mon Mar 31 04:20:39 PDT 2008

On Monday, 31. March 2008, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2008-03-31, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> > Not everyone's requirements are those from 1980's Unix hackers.
>
> Not everyone's requirements are those of Idiot Users that Gnome
> and other DE developers only target (in addition to themselves),
> and completely ignore and make life harder for the few remaining
> power users. "Either you're one of us (developers), or you're an
> idiot user" is becoming the ethos increasingly more leading FOSS
> projects (that should be redefined to stand for Fascist Open Sore
> Software). The complexity and ugly kludges just keeps on piling,
> and it's impossible to do anything unless you essentially train
> yourself into a developer of said piece of software, or succumb
> into being and idiot user.

Dude! I recognize that there are annoying things in life, but if you let them
annoy you this much then it'll break you one day. Calm down, keep cool, and
try to work with those other developers so that the solution doesn't only
satisfy the needs of one single group but the needs of both. You'll gain
nothing by swearing except that it makes *you* feel bad. No other outcomes.

In favor of positive thinking, best wishes,
  Jakob