Notifications spec: Icons

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Mon Apr 6 09:23:00 PDT 2009

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

> I'll see if we can collect some data on how many notifications currently
> specify app_icon, how many set it to something other than the
> application icon, how many set icon_data, how many set both, and how
> many set neither.

Here are some stats, based on the 64 packages in Ubuntu repositories
which depend on libnotify:

Packages using notify_notification_new with an icon: 42
Of those, packages using their own app icon: 9
          packages using a different icon:   34
          (some packages do both)

Packages using notify_notification_set_icon_from_pixbuf: 19

I can gather some more if you are interested. I am not done with the
Python packages (26) for now.

Aurélien