Shared Mime spec: overriding globs locally

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 02:24:12 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 20:42 +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 26 March 2009, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 11:30 +0100, David Faure wrote:
> > > What's the next step? I can provide a patch for the spec, but I have to rely on you
> > > guys to do the code changes.
>
> Patch for the specification attached, please review.
>
> > Are there really much code changes required?

What are the ordering behaviour of these nodes?
For example in this:

    <glob pattern="*.foo"/>
    <glob deleteall="true"/>
    <glob pattern="*.bar"/>

Is foo deleted or not?

Since deleteall is a attribute of glob, one could do:

    <glob deleteall="true" pattern="*.foo"/>

Is this allowed?

Maybe we should have a <glob-deleteall> node instead to avoid these
issues? It would translate in the same way as the above in the files.

The "deleteall" attribute for magic has the same issues, but it also
looks from the diff as if its an attribute on the match node, not on the
magic node. Thats not right, is it? Anyway, same as above, that might be
better as <magic-deleteall>.