Have a way to dynamically change software associations at distribution level

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue Aug 4 03:30:01 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Francois Gouget<fgouget at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> defaults.list does not seem to solve that problem either... except by being
> a mechanism that is not used by KDE. But specifying that each desktop
> environment should use a different mechanism does not sound like a good
> idea<g>.

I didn't mean to defent GNOME or criticize KDE, I just wanted to point
out that we might need more than just a list of apps to try in order

Maybe something like:

...could solve it? Then for example XFCE could multiply priorities of
apps with KDE/QT in categories by 0.7 and priorities of XFCE apps by

Patryk Zawadzki