Actions extensions in File Manager

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Tue Dec 22 07:55:54 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 23:30 +0100, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> I've rewritten most of the first version of draft to take into account
> your (welcome) remarks. So the v 0.2 is ready at [1].
>
> Though I've not really tried to mimic the KDE Services Menus, I've yet
> tried to put all required functionalities, possibly extending some of
> them, taking advantage of writing a new specification.
>
> And, humm.. there is always one action per .desktop file ;-)
> But no more XML.

I'm a bit confused about this, it seems that you're proposing a few ways
of doing it in that document.  Shouldn't we choose one?  I personally
like storing everything in a single .desktop file.

I'm also a little confused by the name "Profile" -- why was it changed
from "Action" in the previous versions of the desktop spec.  That made
more sense to me.

		--Ted