Actions extensions in File Manager

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Thu Dec 24 06:41:51 PST 2009

Am 23.12.2009 um 23:38 schrieb Pierre Wieser:

> Hi,
>
> After remarks and comments of the week, I've updated our draft.
> We have so a v 0.3 available at [1].
>
> What is new there:
> - I think most of parameters should be defined
> - I think most of conditions should be defined
> - most of string values accept parameters, not only the command
> arguments
> - SelectionCount condition has been removed
>  (may be done with e.g. ShowIfTrue=sh -c "[ %c -gt 1 ] && echo true")

Following this argument you only need "ShowIfTrue". Personally I think
that "SelectionCount" is much more convenient and really easy to
implement. I'd like to keep it. In my eyes launching an other process
via ShowIfTrue should be the last resort for stuff that can't be done
otherwise.

> - I have not defined ExecuteAs
>  as this may be done with Exec=sudo -c

This only works for terminal applications on systems with sudo...
Other distributions may prefer su, and we absolutely need a graphical
input dialog for passwords. KDE has kdesu for that, other desktops may
have other solutions. So relaying on sudo is no option. With a key for
executing the command with an other uid every desktop can continue to
use its own privilege escalation mechanism.

Why do we need "ToolbarSameLabel"? I'd simply say that the name is
taken if "ToolbarLabel" is not present. Else "ToolbarLabel" is used.

"Path" should not be unspecified by default but rather default to "%d"

Thanks and bye,
Jonas