couple questions about menu spec

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at
Wed Feb 18 08:26:22 PST 2009

Jordan Mantha wrote in Tue 06/12 2007 at 10:53 -0700:
> I'm afraid I don't really see the problem. Right now .desktops with a
> Science category are supposed to have the Education main category as
> well. This means in Gnome the science apps show up in the Education menu
> and in KDE I believe they go into Education->Science. If Science was
> promoted to a main category in the spec then we could just drop
> Education from the list of categories.

As this issue appears again and again, I have entered it to the

Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at
Lihovarská 1060/12           tel: +420 284 028 966, +49 911 740538747
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic