No category for blogging clients

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 06:51:47 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 07:03 -0500, Fred Drake wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:13 AM, Matthew Smith <indigojo at blogistan.co.uk> wrote:
> > The problem is that none
> > of the registered categories actually cover blogging clients, as it's
> > not a web browser nor a web development application (let alone any of
> > the other network subcategories).  Can I suggest registering a "weblog
> > client" category?
>
> Perhaps something more like a specialized "Web-application client"
> subcategory would be a good idea?  I don't expect many people will
> install several blog authoring clients, but specialized front ends for
> a variety of online apps are likely to be around for a while.

I don't see why we should duplicate the menu under "Internet" for apps
which are specifically web clients, but would otherwise be normal apps.
Most apps should peruse network connectivity for various things anyway.
I'd expect "Google Calendar" to show up in the same place as "Random
Local Calendar App" for example.

-- Rodney