customize desktop with gconftool
schoappied at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 05:10:32 PST 2009
I want to change some settings of my custom Debian live-cd desktop and
I'm wondering how to do it. I've heard you better do it with gconftool.
This is what I want:
1) add the 'OpenSuse-gnome-menu' to the low panel and some other things
like networkmanager, fast user switch etc.
2) remove icons from the menu
3) add icons to entries in the menu which don't have an icon
4) remove the top panel
5) add bookmarks to bookmark menu in iceweasel and also to the bookmark
6) add a new search engine to iceweasel
7) edit the applications preferences (icedove for email for instance)
Ok.. maybe you know some commands and can tell me. Of course I will
search the internet for it myself too.
If you have some good weblinks to good information, please share them.
More information about the xdg