Summary of the fdo disussion at GCDS

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jul 9 03:15:04 PDT 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> * we provide a process in which ALL projects can register their acceptance,
> implementation, rejection, etc of specs

Yes, actually that's what was suggested during the meeting.
The initial idea of a global "fd.o approved" / "fd.o rejected" status quickly turned into
something that was more like
gnome-approved [yes/no] kde-approved [yes/no] xfce-approved [yes/no] lxde-approved [yes/no] etc.
(which is separate from "implemented in gnome 2.4; implemented in kde 4.3", of course;
we can approve something much before finding the time to implement it)

So if a 3rd party app wonders about using a given spec, it's up to them to
decide if no/no/yes/yes to the above questions is enough for them or not.

(Technically it's: [yes | no | not decided yet], of course)