freedesktop.org specification process

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Jul 9 16:38:45 PDT 2009

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 22:19:59 +0200
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org> wrote:

> Following up on the discussion about freedesktop.org at GCDS and the
> additional input on the mailing list, I wrote down a specification
> for the process how to manage freedesktop.org specifications. It's
> based on the consensus we built at GCDS plus the input which came
> from Aaron and others before and after the meetings.
>
> To bootstrap the process I wrote it down as a freedesktop.org
> specification following the proposed process. You can find the text
> at
> http://gitorious.org/~cornelius/xdg-specs/xdg-specs-spec0/blobs/master/specifications/SpecificationProcess/specification.txt
>
> Please have a look and comment.
>
> The next step would be to work in your comments, and when this is
> done to merge it back to the main repository and get approval by the
> release teams.

Release teams ... I still don't agree with that ;)

Anyway, I'll head out to a festival tomorrow morning, so I won't be
able to comment on the specification before Sunday. I've pulled it into
a local branch and started to improve a few bits already, so rest
assured that I'll send a few comments about it after the (loud ... and
most likely muddy) weekend.

  - Jannis