[Fwd: Location of autostart files]

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 10:51:53 PDT 2009

Em Terça-feira 23 Junho 2009, às 12:01:20, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I believe this is the right place for this proposal, so I'm
> forwarding it here.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Best,
> Emilio

[snip]

The spec (http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/autostart-spec-
latest.html) requires this to be a XDG_CONFIG directory. Searching the mailing
list archive turns up these messages:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-September/006945.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-October/007004.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-March/006190.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-February/006167.html

The last one seems to be the only reason why CONFIG was chosen over DATA,
whereas the second-to-last email indicates that the issue wasn't discussed too
much.

Interestingly, KDE 4 continues to install .desktop files to
$KDEDIR/share/autostart (which matches $XDG_DATA_DIRS/autostart) with the
proper OnlyShowIn for the KDE infrastructure. However, there are still some
files without OnlyShowIn=KDE which have X-KDE-autostart-condition.

  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358