Notification spec issue: Ability to assign an icon *and* an image to a notification

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Fri Jun 26 03:40:39 PDT 2009

Julien Danjou wrote:

> For the record, even if it's a little topic, I had no idea until I read
> this thread why the notification specs where hosted on Galago. So I've
> started to implement this, believing it was a Freedesktop standard (i.e.,
> one that was a consensus between all majors desktops), and now I
> realize that I got fooled.

You might be interested with this excerpt of a message I just received
from Christian Hammond:

We had the code, bug tracker and spec hosted on freedesktop.org. At one
point there were server issues and we lost much of the database and the
code, but had a backup, so this all moved to my server, as I no longer
trusted the freedesktop.org servers.