Notification spec issue: Ability to assign an icon *and* an image to a notification

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at
Fri Jun 26 08:22:04 PDT 2009

On Friday 26 of June 2009, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  My view is that you wanted to have the spec the way you decided and
> weren't really open for input, and there are the archives to show it. That
> is no way to create shared specifications. I assume you had good intentions
> and I know specifications aren't simple to create, but you simply can't go
> now like you did everything properly and are suprised somebody might
> actually complain.

 Oh, and this is why there should be this discussion. It's normal that
somebody doesn't do something right, but there should be something that
prevents it going this far. If fd.o is just a place where people throw things
and that's it, and other people consider them standards, and generally fd.o
works "randomly", then IMO something needs to be done about that.

Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at , l.lunak at
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic