Notification spec issue: Ability to assign an icon *and* an image to a notification

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Jun 26 11:49:30 PDT 2009

At 1246038223 time_t, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> moreover, this is something nobody has been taking on, so there is no prior or
> competing effort. if there had been, i would have joined up with that some
> time ago.
>
> this is quite different from the closed system that has grown around fd.o and
> which had been a hallmark of the galago drafting, and different in that nobody
> else is even trying to do what i'm trying to get people to do here.

FTR, I just fully agree with what you said.

It's obvious that fd.o is a failure in being the "desktop cooperation
platform"[1], mainly because you, KDE/GNOME people, have your own
infrastructure, process and freedom, and fd.o is just getting in your way.

What you (and you is major-desktop-environment representative people,
not you Aaron ;) should have done a long time ago, is kick the fd.o admins
in the balls for not doing their job, and think about new option[2] like,
i.e. building a new common place based on your infrastructure*s* (e.g. a
GNOME/KDE/XFCE collaborative platform). And I don't even talk about a
git repo server, just a Web page or a wiki with various pointers would be
nice and enough. If it's listed on and from GNOME and KDE webpages/wiki,
it's trustworthy.

[1] I don't know if the Xorg people have the same problem?
[2] I'm pretty confident they wouldn't respond, even if you kick hard
    enough.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou