XDG Icon Spec: requesting new icons for headsets, speakers, headphones

Lennart Poettering mzkqt at 0pointer.de
Wed May 13 12:48:15 PDT 2009

On Wed, 13.05.09 20:30, Richard Hughes (hughsient at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> > If you have better names, Rodney, feel free to mention them, and add
> > those to the spec. Otherwise, you're just stalling for time, and making
> > the spec more irrelevant each day.
>
> I'm not sure it makes sense to 'fork' a spec, as this sort of negates
> the point of a single specification.

If someone credible would fork the spec at this point I am pretty sure
the majority of folks would start to depend on the new fork.

> Rodney, if you're not interested in this spec anymore, can you please
> orphan it and let somebody else take over? Thanks.

Regardless whether a hostile fork is attempted or Rodney gives up the
spec voluntarily, the problem is that we'd have to find someone else
(who is credible) who would be willing to maintain the spec.

Anyone up for this?

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net