Request to register a "Main" desktop Category: Electronics

Felipe Ignacio Cañas Sabat f.canas.s at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 08:02:09 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 15:29 +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:47:54PM +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> > I'm in favor of "Electronics", "Science", and "Engineering" as top-level
> > categories, on the grounds that items that belong in each of them often
> > don't belong in any of the other top-level categories.
> >
> how does "electronics" not fit under "engineering"?

I agree with this.

If "Electronics" were promoted to a main category, then any sub-category
should be as well, such as "Process simulator", "CAD", etc. I'd be in
favour of promoting "Science" and "Engineering" as two separate main
categories, as their purposes are usually different.

Regards,
-Felipe