Kbd LED indicators: request for stock icons

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 28 13:27:57 PDT 2010

Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 27/04/2010 alle 11.34 +0100, Sergey Udaltsov ha scritto:
>>> Do we really need 2 named icons for 1 led?
>> Otherwise I have to play with colors. A18y guys would be angry, I guess.
>
> At least in GNOME/GTK+ we are going to modernize the way to produce a11y
> icons. By now we are working on gnome-icon-theme-symbolic in order to
> use this icon theme in a11y too. This "symbolic" stuff could allow a
> recoloring of icons with a CSS like approach (i.e. you can re-color the
> icon in a proper way for a11y).
>
> Check the README file for more info, or ask jimmac on #gnome-art :)
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-icon-theme-symbolic/plain/README

How exactly do you change the color of a multi-stop gradient using this
method? Or do you only get color changing for items with unset
fill/stroke and then only exactly one color?

...and how do you deal with needing .png's of the icons with this method?

--
Matthew
"[Microsoft's] license tells you what a netbook is." -- Steve Ballmer