PyXDG on windows

Manuel de la Pena manuel.delapena at canonical.com
Mon Aug 23 15:56:12 PDT 2010

  Hello,

I am currectly working on a port of a linux application to windows in
which we use the xdg.BaseDirectory module. Attached you can find a small
patch that will add support to xdg.BaseDirectory module on windows in
which the special folders (appdata, home etc...) of the current user are
returned using the wind32 api unless that XDG enviroment variables are set.

I really do not know if this patch will be utterly useful for many
people but it will certainly help those that are currently using the
module and will like to port their applications too.

Kr,

Manuel de la Pena