evening the entry bar: git account management

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Feb 17 08:39:59 PST 2010

On 2/17/2010 11:17 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:05:08AM -0500, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> On 2/17/2010 10:36 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
>>> At the risk of being overly blunt -- it's a fucking wiki.  There's an
>>> edit button; I'm willing to bet that it's fixable in far, far less time
>>> than it took to write this email.
>>
>> Can I just point out that editing fucking information on a fucking wiki
>> that has to do with core fucking FDO policies may not be something that
>> normal fucking people feel fucking comfortable with fucking doing, at
>> the risk of incurring the same fucking kind of mighty fucking wrath as
>> was just fucking displayed above?
>
> Actually, it's a missing link on one page, rather than a change of a
> core fdo policy per se.

I didn't say it was a change to the core fdo policy. I said that editing
a paragraph containing core fdo policy might be intimidating for people
who aren't sure if they will end up being rebuffed or complained for
their efforts.

And you're right -- the Getting Involved page does not include a link to
the Account Requests page, which is a problem, since it means the
Getting Involved page doesn't really tell people how to get involved (as
a developer). But searching for "account" turns up the Account Request
page as the second link, so it's not like it's not discoverable.

--Jeff