Migrating the specifications to git (xdg-specs repo)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Feb 26 05:24:24 PST 2010

On Tuesday 16 of February 2010, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I learnt a few days ago that we finally have a xdg-specs git repo. So
> let's move forward :-)

> This mail is about deciding which specifications we want to migrate to
> the xdg-specs git repository. It's not about which layout we'll use
> after that (Aaron worked on http://gitorious.org/xdg-specs/ which is an
> example of what we can do); this will be a second step in the
> discussion. Right now, I just want to import all specs, each one with
> its cvs history and in its subfolder. And then we'll be able to move
> files around the way we want.
>

> Will stay somewhere else, unless maintainers wants to move it to
> xdg-specs:
>   icon-naming-spec (xdg/default-icon-theme git repo)
>   icon-theme-spec (xdg/default-icon-theme git repo)
>   shared-mime-info-spec (xdg/shared-mime-info git repo)
>   startup-notification-spec (startup-notification git repo)

> Note that I'm unsure about the startup-notification-spec. We can
> possibly move it to xdg-specs too.

 I'm a bit late, but yes, I'd like to see the startup-notification-spec moved
out of this one implementation of it and kept separate. The current situation
gives the impression that this implementation is the reference
implementation, which it is not (if nothing else, it lags behind the spec). I
don't remember anymore why it was originally created this way, but apparently
that's not the right way.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer