Proposing the StatusNotifier specification

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Jan 6 07:41:12 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 15:18 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le jeudi 17 décembre 2009, à 18:07 +0100, Aurélien Gâteau a écrit :
> > This specification is already implemented by KDE in kdelibs [2] and
> > Canonical is working on an implementation for GNOME, libappindicator [3].
>
> Reading [4], I had the feeling that this would now be implemented
> directly in GTK+ (but for the release after 2.20). Did I get this wrong?

That would of course be a goal, but I don't think that's going to happen
in the short term.  We were thinking that libappindicator would be a
kind of "libegg" in that we could develop it there and then eventually
move things into GTK when we've fleshed it all out.

I'd be happy for it all to get in right now, but that's probably a
little hasty :)

		--Ted