Desktop Entry Specification - ExecuteAs proposition

Pierre Wieser pwieser at trychlos.org
Fri Mar 5 03:26:57 PST 2010

Hi

Work currently done on a shared specification about file manager actions
extensions (a definitive name is always to be found) has led us to define
an 'ExecuteAs' key.

Goal of this key is to let the action creator specify with which user/uid
the command must be ran.

We think that this key has its full place in the Desktop Entry Specification
on which our own spec is heavily based.

As we're not sure about the exact revision process,  I propose the attached
patch against last available version. Let's talk about it ?

Regards
Pierre