Desktop Entry Specification - ExecuteAs proposition

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 06:06:00 PST 2010

> I believe it's been discussed in the past, but I think some people
> didn't like the idea and would prefer to avoid any kind of su/sudo usage
> on the desktop. This is where PolicyKit steps in.
While some people prefer to avoid any kind of su/sudo usage, others
prefer to avoid the use of policykit. We LXDE developers already
received many feature requests from our users for a better sudo GUI
frontend for many times. Many people really need this.
> But David Z. might want to comment there (I think he's on this list).
> Vincent
I'm not against PolicyKit. It's design is clever and I kind of like
it, but people need to have choices. For some simple usage where
PolicyKit is overkiil, please we need sudo in desktop environments
other than Gnome.