desktop entry proposal: TerminateSafe=true key

Frederik Nnaji frederik.nnaji at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:20:01 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 15:54, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> Now - go forth and make your applications not suck.

nice one, Colin ;)

This is admittedly more difficult for applications which interact with the
> most broken concept invented in computing to date (hierarchical file
> systems exposed in the user interface).

well put. i'm learning .. we want simple wizards, intelligent assistants and
decent notification in the UI not math exams or classes in abstract
information theory, ...unless we explicitly ask for such things.

But if you're writing a note
> taking app, a game, etc. - make it save state automatically, and help
> the user get back into that state.  "Resume last game?" etc.

i see your eyes on tomboy here.. yes, exemplary software.