Universal themes: a proposal

frederik.nnaji at gmail.com frederik.nnaji at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 23:57:55 PDT 2010

Hi David,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 20:28, David D Lowe <daviddlowe.flimm at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I just discovered that my efforts to design Universal themes (or
> Cooperating themes) are redundant. The mailing list discussion date as far
> back as 2007.
>
> You can see the current state of the Theme Package Spec here:
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/ThemePackageSpec

thanks..

> I've summarised the differences between that proposal and mine at this blog
> post:
>
> http://epidermis.tuxfamily.org/blogs/flimm/10/08/17/universalcooperating-themes-is-duplicate-effort

more thanks ;)

In a way, I'm glad that they are other people who see the need for a common
> theme package format.

Yes: Theming is important, in that it enables a simple way ("Personas) to
personalize your GUI's surface. Therein, not only personal style but also
functional preferences can be considered, and we'll no longer delve into
settings and options, rather choose "use cases" or "modes".