[RFC] XDG basedir spec should mandate absolute paths

Lennart Poettering mzkqt at 0pointer.de
Fri Apr 8 06:34:54 PDT 2011

On Thu, 07.04.11 09:42, Vincent Untz (vuntz at gnome.org) wrote:

> Le jeudi 07 avril 2011, à 03:53 +0200, Lennart Poettering a écrit :
> > Heya,
> >
> > currently the xdg basedir spec doesn't make clear that all env vars need
> > to be set to absolute paths.
> >
> > Anybody opposed if I add a small sentence whith clears that up?
>
> +1

Since we got support from at least 3 people on this I have now commited
a change which adds:

+    <para>All paths set in these environment variables must be
+    absolute. If an implementation encounters a relative path in any
+    of these variables it should consider the path invalid and ignore
+    it.</para>

Vincent, any chance you can rebuild the online versions with this?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.