$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/config.d vs $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd.d

Sat Apr 9 18:01:28 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 02:31, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:

>  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/config.d
>  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd.d
>
> I think I am leaning towards the latter, but I would prefer going
> after established best practices. FWIW, the latter option follows what
> is done in /etc by most programs.

After some more thinking, I fear my initial preference was wrong.
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/ is a directory already and introducing a second
vcsd.d within $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/ is useless clutter.

Assuming vcsd uses seperate config and trust files plus repos
directories, the layout could look like this:

  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/config.d/
  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/trust.d/
  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/repos.d/foo/

Sorry for the back and forth,