How to write a handling application for a DRM wrapper file format
mengdong.lin at intel.com
Sun Apr 17 09:44:10 PDT 2011
How to write a good handing application for a DRM file wrapper format?
- This DRM format can protect any MIME type of content.
- It adds an encryption wrapper layer outside of the original content.
- From the DRM file header, we can find the MIME type of the protect content
I had written a handling application for the DRM MIME type (wrapper MIME type). This application can get the MIME type of the protected content (embedded MIME type), and try to launch the handling application for the embedded MIME types.
But I met a problem:
There are two types of applications that can handle a same embedded MIME type, and I cannot which is the default one to be launched:
- Type A can handle the DRM MIME type, it can handle both the decryption and the protected content. But It cannot handle all kinds of embedded MIME type, only certain types.
- Type B cannot handle DRM.
I hope A can be launched but B may be the default one for the embedded MIME type.
So is there a better way to handle such a wrapper + embedded MIME case? Is it double to mix the wrapper type and embedded type into a new MIME type, and let type A application handle such new type?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xdg