Mime types for folders

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 05:51:53 PST 2011

2011/2/8 Křištof Želechovski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl>:
> Dnia wtorek, 8 lutego 2011 o 12:40:25 Stef Bon napisał(a):
>> Well, I'm building a construction which also requires/provides
>> information about a directory.
>>
>> for example:
>>
>> local.dev.cdrom.audio
>
> This is a locator (audio:/), not a media type.
>
>> local.dev.cdrom.blank
>> local.dev.cdrom.dvd
>> local.dev.disk.ata.partition
>
> These are block devices, not directories.

Yes they are, at least in the construction I'm working on.

I've been postig about that earlier here.

In short, it creates a different environment for the user, hiding the
standard system directories like /bin, /dev, /lib etcetra.

The directories visible to the user are:

/Computer
/Mounts
/Network
/System

The standard directories are there, but hidden, through the use of a
fuse fs (fuse-workspace-ll) and pamchroot oa.

Now the Network map looks like:

ls Network

Windows Network

and this contains BONONLINE, a smb workgroup. Going futher there are
servers and shares.

The map Computer contains the hardware, like ata and disks, and yes
formatted and unformatted.

They are all represented by a directory, where the mountanble
(=formatted and supported fs) are redirected by fuse to a special
setup of the automounter.

So in Computer:

02-SAMSUNG_HD753LJ
03-SAMSUNG_HD753LJ
06-SAMSUNG_HD753LJ
1-Optiarc-DVD_RW_AD-7170S

entering these mounts them (somewhere at /mnt/..) and shows the
contents (also) here.

Now I'm using the subtypes I've already mentioned.

So yes, a smb share is a remote directory, and the local environment
hgets extended information
about what it is and more via extended attributes.

For example

getfattr --name=system.workspace_uri %path%

but some sort of information is also good as mimetype.
The environment should know somehow a file is not local, but remote.

And the construction I'm working does not depend on KDE, or Gnome. It
can also be used with a text login.

See more info:

http://linux.bononline.nl/wiki/index.php/Changes_and_issues

Stef Bon