Desktop Actions and mimetypes

Pierre Wieser pwieser at trychlos.org
Sat Feb 19 15:05:05 PST 2011

Hi,

In my small application, desktop actions are supposed to be displayed
depending of the mimetype of files currently selected in the file-manager.

I am able to find the mimetype of the file, but I feel it is not enough.

I understand that mimetypes are organized as some sort of hierarchy, so
I would need to have something like a is_of_mimetype() function,
which would not only check _the_ mimetype of a file, but also (maybe
recursively ?) all parent mimetypes.

Google has not been my friend in this matter. Have someone an idea on
how to do this ?

Regards
Pierre